Monday, May 4, 2009

Viking Vampires

I love them. Well one in particular, Eric - oh yummy Eric.

Of course now those of you not in the "know" are shaking your head in befuddlement thinking I've gone off the deep end I suppose.

Tomorrow, the 5th, the ninth installment of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris releases. Being the good, Eric (and Sookie) loving fan that I am, I preordered Dead and Gone from Amazon.com. To my great surprise and happiness it arrived TODAY - a day early! Woohoo!

I checked the mail around 11:30AM and found my very pretty new book waiting for me. I hurried to put Anya down for her nap (no I didn't put her down earlier than normal - it was time). And settled in to read while Jadzia and Inara watched Gummi Bears and ignored me for the most part. I don't always get time to read during the day but I must have put off a vibe to Jadzia and Inara because they found plenty of enjoyment in each other. Around 230, Anya woke up from her nap so I had to put Sookie aside for a few to feed her and tend to all the kids. Then, I resumed reading - although I was interrupted more often now that Anya was awake. Can't fault her too much, she is only 10 months old - I dare say she doesn't understand the draw of a good book (particularly the newest release of a favorite series) yet.

In spite of kidlet interuptions, I finished the book just about 5PM. So not only did I get it in my little hands before it's official release; I finished it before then too. It was a good installment and by no means lacking in my favorite Viking Vampire. As with so many things, the long wait was rewarded but I still can't wait for the next book! Which is some ways a way I think. But it's not like I don't have some 200 other books on my TBR to read.

I won't give away any plot here since I know at least a couple of my readers are Sookie fans.

No comments: