Sunday, April 26, 2009

Biggest Loser Reading Challenge

As I mentioned previously, I signed up for a reading challenge to try to slim down my massive to-be-read pile. Today was the "Weigh in" for the first week.

Individually I read 8 books equaling 4.2 pounds according to Amazon.com weights! In an average week I normally read 3-4 books so this is an awesome week for me! I can only hope I can keep it up through the rest of the challenge.

My team (4 people) read a total of 21 books equaling 12.59 pounds and we came in second for the week out of 10 teams. I'm thrilled with the results and look forward to the rest of the challenge.

The books I read this past week were:
An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Aidan
Duty and Desire by Pamela Aidan
These Three Remain by Pamela Aidan
Girl's Guide to Witchcraft by Mindy Klasky
Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz
White is for Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Silver is for Secrets by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

The Pamela Aidan books have already been received by a new reader (shockingly enough given the fact that they were sent Media Mail) and at least 3 others will be mailed out this week I hope.

8 down...180 some odd books to go...

No comments: