Friday, April 10, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Rainy season in Hawaii generally lasts from November/December until March or so. I had thought the rain was done and we were on to pleasant, dryer time but today of all days it rained, and rained, and rained. Today I meant to run a few errands but due to the rain I only accomplished one of the three - and that was with getting soaked enough. It was not coming down SO hard when we left the house. Of course it seemed to get worse while we were out and then proceeded to slow down AFTER we got home.

As a result of the rain, the yard is a muddy swamp which means I'm loathe to let the dogs out for too long. Bluto, in particular, enjoys a good romp in the mud. He then tracks the mud back into my house and bounds all over the place trying to get the water droplets off him (and onto the kids, the couch, the floor, etc). Unfortunately, I have never made a point of taking him out on the leash much and as a result, when I do, he is a little crazy and often pulls at it trying to slip from his collar. I attempted to let him out front on a leash this afternoon to prevent the mud bath but he just yanked and twisted about until I brought him back inside.

On a side note, today was the 100th day of the year. Random factoid for you.

No comments: