Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh What a Circus!

I should have known. I just should have known today was going to be one of those days. So, I mentioned my kids being sick right? Did I mention that they're out to get me? Cause I think they are! Last night they took turns waking up because of the sicks.

First it was Anya (not sick, just hungry). Feed Anya, put Anya down, go to bed.

Then it was Jadzia. She's thirsty and feverish. Give drink of water, give medicine. Go back to bed.

Next it was Inara. She's feverish. Give medicine. Go back to bed

Then it was Jadzia again. With a sore throat - she needs more water. Stumble back to bed, try not to crash into wall.

Then it was Inara again. Thirsty this time I think (it was about 430AM and she doesn't use many words - I took a guess). Water Inara, contemplate sleeping in hall -return to bed.

Around 6AM, Jadzia wakes up AGAIN. The fever is back and she's thirsty. Of course I didn't get this out of her right away. I must have looked mean because when I opened the door this time all she did was look at me and lay back down. When I asked her what was wrong she started crying. I asked if she was hot or thirsty and finally got out of her that she was so I watered her and medicated her and got back to bed.

Then Anya woke up for the morning. I turned the monitor down on her morning chatter and buried my head with a pillow. I suspect she started crying not long after that but I was still buried for a bit.

And that was all BEFORE we got up for the day. My goal for today was to go to the commissary because we were out of lots of things. Anya, due to my tuning her out in the morning, was ready for an early nap a little after 10AM so I figured we'd go after she got up. Shortly there after, Inara acts like she's pooping, this is not a blog worthy event in and of itself as she poops daily but the fact that I had to help extract the blockage of rock like poop is. Well maybe it's not but it all leads into my grand chaos of a day.

Around 1130, I decided to lay down on the couch to rest since the yo-yo sleep of the night before was killing me. Naturally, she woke up about 30 minutes later. So we all got up, got dressed and ready. I fed Anya and put the dogs up.

Thinking myself smart, I went out to try the car first before loading up everyone. (If I was REALLY smart I would have tried the car before doing everything else but I digress). Naturally the car was dead.

Click. Click. Click. Nada....

Grr! Argh!

So back inside we go. I call my neighbor to bitch about the car. I figure I can push off the commissary another day and maybe borrow her car tomorrow for a trip and to get a new battery. I don't wanna bug her husband at work.

I decide to walk up and check the mail and just let the kids play on the playground there while I re-evaluate my plans for the week sans car (not that I had anything grand planned).

My neighbor has her own plans and sets a whole plan in motion before I've even contemplated how to blow up the car. Her husband came home briefly to give us use of their car, she took him back while I watched the collective monsters (i.e. our children). Then I took their car to the commissary to do my shopping with just Anya. When I got back and unloaded Anya was cranky and my mom was video calling me. Then I get the information on the battery over to her and take the monsters back to my house so she can go get a battery without us having to try and rearrange all the carseats (4 kids 4 and under between us so all in carseats).

She gets the battery for me, her husband installs said battery for me and poof - the car is alive. Again! It's ALIVE!!! *cue music and thunder and lightening*

By the thim this is all said and done, Anya is ready for bed (truth be told so am I) and darkness is creeping up on us. While I normally choose to put Anya down AFTER the other two, she's losing it so I get her asleep and down, get the clean up started, get THEM put to bed and here I sit.

No comments: