Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hard Boiled Eggs

Ya know what I love about Easter? An excuse to make lots and lots of hard boiled eggs. Of course I don't end up eating most of the now pink green, orange, blue eggs BUT I like the idea of having them available to be eaten. Mostly I eat the left overs - ya know the ones that just don't pass the Easter Bunny muster - yeah I eat those.

We made cake and cupcakes today for the Easter Bunny. No it's not like the cookies for santa thing really but it seemed like as good and excuse as any to make cupcakes (and then eat them). Did I mentioned that I like Easter?

Oh and the chocolate! The chocolate in my fridge waiting for the kidlets to wake up and have a mini-Easter egg hunt and for mommy to eat the chocolate. I love Easter.

I love holidays in general - especially with little kids. It's like a built in excuse to buy and eat junk. Is that the BEST attitude to have? Probably not - but I'm still eating the chocolate and the cupcakes. I think next year we'll continue the cupcakes for the Bunny tradition...I like that idea. Now I'm gonna go hunt down my Bunny ears *wink*

No comments: