Monday, February 23, 2009

I Can't Just Browse...

As I mentioned in my all to brief post earlier - Anya seems to be sleeping better in the evenings. This week, she has slept 7-8 hours straight most nights and the nights she woke up, she woke up only to eat and then went right back to sleep. I don't consider anything a "trend" until it's happened for a full week or so because usually around day 4-5, things revert back to the previous trend. So I won't consciously say she is sleeping through the night yet BUT I'm hoping it's just around the corner. Man do I hope so! It seems crazy to think that she could have two major breakthroughs in one week - first the solid food, now this? Of course, there's a chance the two are related. Anyway, fingers crossed that sleep filled nights are on the horizon!

We went to the Post Office today and generally the same three people work there every day. All three now know the girls and I because I'm usually mailing something at least once a week. I don't even have to give them instructions on how I want to mail my packages now because they usually know I want first class if possible, otherwise media mail on 90% of what I mail. The only difference is if I'm mailing something to Robby or if I want delivery confirmation. They always say hi to the girls and give them smiles or chat with them. Thankfully today's trip was in and out and dry.

We followed up with a trip to the PX where I went in not really NEEDING anything. This is not a good way to enter a store because it ensures you browse around and before you know it, your cart is full of stuff you never needed in the first place. I wanted to look for a couple pairs of pajamas for Jadzia because many of her older sets are too small or too short. Shopping for clothes for Jadzia is now a bizarre experience for me because she's no longer in the toddler sizes and is in little girl sizes. Unfortunately she's right at the in between area where it's not always easy to find her size in either department. 5T would fit her, as would a 5/6 in little girls but not everything goes up to 5T and not everything has a 5/6. So we walked out with only one pair of pajamas - and new Hawaiian dresses for Jadzia and Inara. That's the other problem with shopping for Jadzia - it usually prompts me to shop for Inara and Anya who hardly need any new clothes. Yet it feels weird to buy something for one and not get something for the others, especially since Inara is into Big Sister Idol Worship and anything Jadzia does or has, she wants to do or have.

Jadzia was kind enough to remind me that I'd mentioned wanting more bibs for Anya now that she was hand feeding herself. Even though I give her mostly dry finger foods, she likes to slobber them up and then stick some too her clothes - which is just nasty. We bypassed the movies and books as we have more than enough of those around here. I did buy a new webcam for the desktop since my laptop is still out of commission. As we meander up to the front, I resisted the urge to grab much else but the damage had already been done at that point.

Once home, with new webcam I was able to talk with Robby on IM and he managed to get his webcam working at least long enough for the girls and I to see him. The girls were excited and waved and blew him kisses, it was awesome. It completely made my day to see his face, even briefly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day! I'm glad you got to 'see' your hubby. :)

By the way, I enjoy reading your blog everyday! I have a bad habit of not commenting on the blogs I read (maybe it has something to do with the 5 boys I have running around all day, LOL)but I wanted you to know that you provide a good source of web surfing entertainment for me, LOL!

April (from the Sept 2004 BBC birth boards)

Noodles said...

You guys need to get SKYPE! Its free and works so much better than messenger. It literally feels like they are in the room and you are talking on the phone. Its GREAT!