Friday, February 20, 2009

Milestones

This will be a blog that covers lots of little updates so be warned.

Remember my reading challenge? I challenged myself to read 80 books in 2009. I read 12 in January. Today I finished book 21 so I'm over a quarter of the way to completing my challenge and February isn't even over! I may need to up my challenge number a bit? Ya think? In case you're curious these are my 2009 reads:

1) Sex and the Psychic Witch by Annette Blair
2) Don't Talk Back to Your Vampire by Michele Bardsley
3) Because Your Vampire Said So by Michele Bardsley
4) Wait till Your Vampire Gets Home by Michele Bardsley
5) Hex Appeal by Linda Wisdom
6) The Kitchen Witch by Annette Blair
7) Charmed and Dangerous by Candace Havens
8) Gone with the Witch by Annette Blair
9) Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
10) Charmed and Ready by Candace Havens
11) Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
12) Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine
13) Real Vampires Get Lucky by Gerry Bartlett
14) The Host by Stephenie Meyer
15) Competition's a Witch by Kelly McClymer
16) She's a Witch Girl by Kelly McClymer
17) Real Vampires Don't Diet by Gerry Bartlett
18) Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber
19) Kissing Coffins by Ellen Schreiber
20) Vampireville by Ellen Schreiber
21) Dance with a Vampire by Ellen Schreiber

I also started hosting my very first game on paperbackswap.com. If you don't frequent PBS, this really doesn't matter to you but it made me happy to do it.

------------------

A couple weeks ago, I decided to stop fighting Inara on her naps. While I felt she still "needed" the midday nap, she was getting more and more resistant to it and I'd usually find her playing instead of sleeping. So one day I just didn't put her down for one. She got irritable about an hour or so before bedtime but she made it. The first week or so was the hardest but she's adjusted well and I think she sleeps more soundly at night. She used to wake up a lot crying a bit then would go right back to sleep - while that still happens, it's not as frequent. She also goes to bed easier most nights now since she's more tired. While some days she could probably use a quick recharge nap, I think it was the right decision - although I miss those times when both she and Anya would be napping so it was just Jadzia and I playing.

------------------

Anya is spending more and more time on the floor and out of my arms! As a result she enjoys being on her tummy more and playing. She's also started to roll, wiggle and move some. While she has not started crawling yet, she seems to be thinking about it - today she even attempted to get to her knees like she was going to but couldn't pull it off. Despite the lack of crawling she can get a good three feet from where I put her down on her mat! I put her down on the mat in the living room today and found her almost to the trashcan in the kitchen area! Some time I'll have to stare at her to see how she does it exactly. She's surprisingly mobile for a "non-mobile" baby.

------------------

Okay, that's all my updates for tonight! Have a great day!

No comments: