Monday, February 16, 2009

There's a bug out to get me!

I have a nasty looking yellow jacket camped out on my back door! Apparently he was displeased when I started spraying off some of the spider webs on the porch earlier, guess I got him wet in the process? Now he's been camped on the glass for at least the last two hours! I was afraid to open the door to let the dog out lest he come flying in the house. Thankfully he didn't move as I opened the door either time but I don't think he likes me. Eek! He has, temporarily moved off the glass and onto the actual wood of the door - CLOSER to the opening side, which just squigs me out! At least on the glass I can see him and watch what he does when I open the door. Hopefully he moves on by morning because I need to leave the house with the girls and the car is out that way - if I have to I can go around front and walk all the way around but I'd rather not have to go to such lengths to get out my house.

Onto non-creepy, crawly things now - Inara threw the mother of all tantrums today!! She was laying on the floor and covering up with a big blanket of mine I have out to put Anya down on and Jadzia came over to play too. Obviously this is an adult sized blanket so more than enough to cover both of them and then some but Inara didn't want to share. She grabbed on to the blanket with all her might and start trying to walk away with it. Jadzia held tight to her portion and when I asked Inara to share she started pulling harder and screaming and crying. This went on for about 20 minutes before I snatched the blanket from both of them and then proceeded to calm them down. I was able to get them to sit next to each other AND be covered together. They happily sat there snacking for awhile after that but boy that girl has some lungs on her!

No comments: