Thursday, February 19, 2009

I figured it out!

Anya is a booby baby. She turns her nose up at any bottle, even if it has breast milk in it. She looks at me like I've lost my mind if I try to feed her mushy baby food on a spoon and MAYBE a small spoonful makes it in her mouth that doesn't get spit back out. At almost 8 months old, she's barely had any solid foods because she won't eat them...

Today I figured it out - with Inara's help. Inara, trying to be a super helpful big sister, decided to share her fruit loops with Anya by giving her one - and she ate it!! And then she ate more and more. She just wanted to be able to feed herself!! So I set her up in the highchair, spread some totally nutritionally defiecient fruit loops on her tray and let her go to town! And she's thrilled about it.

Now when I go to the store I'll have to try to find some more nutritional finger foods for her and maybe we'll be on our way! Can you tell I'm excited by this?!

No comments: