Friday, February 27, 2009

The "I wants..."

I have this conversation with Jadzia about 12 times a day...

Jadzia: "Mommy, I want you to...." (fill in blank with some random activity)
Me: "Okay, in a couple minutes"
Jadzia: (3 seconds later) "Mommy, I want you to..."
Me: "Jadzia, I told you - in a couple minutes, you have to wait"
Jadzia: "Okay" (20 seconds passes) "Mommy, I want you to..."
Me: *deep breath* "Not right now, I will in a few minutes."
Jadzia: "Please?"
Me: *another deep breath* "No"
Jadzia: "Yes. Please?"
Me: *squinches eyes closes, deep breaths, looks stern* "Jadzia, no"
Jadzia: *laughs* "Please?"
Me: *bangs head on desk repeatedly* "Not.....right....now....."
Jadzia: *laughs more* "Mommy, I want you to...Please?"
Me: *raises voice and octive to impress seriousness* "I....said....no, not...right...now."
Jadzia: *starts to laugh again, stops amd finally walks away*

Of course, the reason that I tell her to wait is usually because I'm in the middle of something with Anya or something and can't get up to heed her call. If she'd let me finish, she would have gotten what she wanted much sooner. Another, similar, conversation goes something like this:

Jadzia: "Mommy I want to... (either play with something she shouldn't or do something she shouldn't)"
Me: "No, Jadzia, you can't do..."
Jadzia: *smiles* "Yes"
Me: "No"
Jadzia: *laughs* "Yes"
Me: "I said No"
Jadzia: "Yes"
Me: *deep breath* "I...said...no"
Jadzia: "I say yes" *smiles sweetly*
Me: "Well what Mommy says goes, no"
Jadzia: *laughs* "I'm in charge, yes!"
Me: *really really deep breathing* "Jadzia...Lynn...Nnnnnnn-Ooooooo"
Jadzia: "Please?"
Me: *shakes head* No.
Jadzia: *stomps away in a huff*
Me: *bangs head on desk*

No comments: