Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Do It the Inara Way

Yesterday I bought two pairs of kiddie scissors to start teaching Jadzia how to use them. Of course anything that Jadzia does, Inara wants to do - which is why I bought two. I figured she could fiddle with them as long as I was RIGHT THERE (this is the girl who colored on the wall and herself). So I handed a pair to Jadzia and showed her what to do. Then I handed a pair to Inara and showed her. Jadzia had the idea of cutting (in a not so straight line) right away - Inara couldn't really operate the scissors but I got her started and tried to help her.

In the middle of my helping her cut, she took the paper and ripped it in two. Then she raised her little arms and shouted "Good girl!"

After I finished cracking up, she proceeded to put the scissors in her mouth and that was the end of Scissors 101 for her.

No comments: