Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Twilight Day

Today was the release day for the Twilight DVD! I know, some of you are thinking - "oh she's one of those Twilight people" and inwardly groaning. Honestly, I enjoyed the Twilight series. Was it absolute perfection, no - hard to find a book that is. But it's a good read for me and Stephenie Meyer is great at sucking you in before you know how deep you are.

Anyway!

When the movie came out in theaters, I didn't get a chance to see it because of the kiddos - mostly Anya who has been notably attached to me since she was born. Despite having not seen it, I knew I'd want the movie so I pre-ordered it through Amazon. Tracking indicated that it wouldn't be delivered until Monday or Tuesday so when I got an email with a code to watch it on demand at their website I was excited.

It took me three hours to watch a two hour movie thanks to the kids and the dogs and morning routine but I at least got to see it. Then when I checked the mail, I was happily surprised to find the movie had been delivered as well! So I watched it again after the munchkins had gone to bed.

I was pretty happy with the movie outcome. While there are a few changes and some things that didn't make the cut into the movie - it stayed fairly close to the book and certainly the spirit of the book. All that being said, the book is better than the movie - but then I find books almost always are better than their movies!

Happy Twilight Day for my Twilight fans! :)

1 comment:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I got the movie today from our neighbor! I can't wait to watch it...and then I am going to start on the next book! I can't wait! :)