Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Wizard of Oz

I've mentioned Jadzia's obsession with The Wizard of Oz before. When we were at Walmart a few weeks ago, I saw these sparkling red shoes so I bought them. They're a size bigger than what she wears now because they didn't have any in her size. My theory was that she could be Dorothy for Halloween. She has her own opinions on things but I managed to plant the idea in her head and she's totally on board with it right now. Of course Halloween is months away and her opinion could change before then.

But she's gone beyond just her being Dorothy. She things I should be the Scarecrow (um...maybe). Inara should be the Tin Man - easy enough. Anya should be the Cowardly Lion (I can find a baby lion costume easily enough). And she also things we should bring Gimli with us to be Toto (yeah not gonna happen).

Seeing as this will probably be the last year I can follow a theme, I hope she sticks with it. By next year, there's a chance Inara will have her own opinions on her costume that won't mesh with Jadzia's plans.

On another note - it's been raining all day and my yard is a swamp now. I won't let the dogs go outside from more than three minutes to do their business because otherwise they come in covered in mud.

No comments: