Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A little bit of Awesome

To start my day off, Anya slept from 10PM last night until 8AM this morning! While I don't expect repeats of that just yet - it is still awesome! If I'm really, super lucky she might do it again...and again. Maybe it will even become a habit! Wouldn't that be a kick?

After breakfast we ran to the Clothing and Sales store to get something for Robby, which they only had one of the two things we needed so we'll have to go back. While there I found these cute stuffed bears dressed in uniforms. I bought one for Jadzia in a PT uniform (her choice) and one for Inara in ACUs. We hit the Post Office after to mail some books out ("me-ah mail").

So we have had $100+ in change sitting in a jug on top of the refrigerator for awhile now. You see, our bank doesn't have a branch here in Hawaii so I can't take them there to deposit it and the coin counting machines take like 9-10%, plus you have to go through the line and everything else. With three kids, it's just a pain to go to a store I don't usually go to, wait in line and lose $10+ in the process. So I've never bothered and it just keeps growing. Well today I found out that you can get eCertificates for various stores/sites with free counting of the money (no losing 10%). So I looked up the nearest machine and we went - I ended up with a a $122 Amazon certificate! I LOVE Amazon! I intended to get some books, maybe a couple movies, something for the kids maybe but when I went I found a TON of books that I wanted with major bargain prices! I ended up spending $83 of it on 19 books, with free shipping!

After going to the coinstar machine, we popped over to the Goodwill nextdoor just to look around. I didn't really mean to buy anything and yet I walked out with a cute new skirt for Jadzia, a new Boppy pillow, a musical toy for Anya, three princess dolls for the girls (Ariel for Jadzia, Cinderella for Inara and Belle for Anya) and three baskets that I'll use for their Easter baskets. And it was only $15 for it all with a military discount. Have I mentioned that it was a super awesome day?

Yeah, it has been! I got to talk to Robby again who has been away for a couple days. He rocked and impressed people which means he'll have to go out more - that part it less awesome to me. But that's the job I guess.

Still, awesomeness all around. Oh and I'm having a little Grey's Anatomy marathon - old school Grey's! Early Addison is so easy to dislike.

1 comment:

Noodles said...

I miss my Greys Anatomy marathon days, that was fun.


and Awesome!!!!! to everything else :)