Monday, March 16, 2009

Prelude to Disaster

Robby was kind enough to point out that no one comments on my blog. To which I first told him neither did he and then told him I usually talked with people about the contents elsewhere anyway. BUT if you're reading this one post, can you comment - just say neener neener neener if you like. Thanks!
-----------

Today I had a few errands to complete. First I needed to go to the housing office to pay our pet deposit (yes I know we've had the dogs long enough it should have been done already but it wasn't so, there.) When I got there first I was told the payment has to bed a money order or bank certified check - OK I didn't have that on me but OK. Then they handed me the form with the necessary documents for the dogs. None of which I have, oh good - more errands. Need current vaccination records - well since neither dog had been seen by a vet since we arrived in Hawaii (well Bluto was seen by the breeder's vet), they definitely need to get shots before getting current vax records. So I called the on base vet because they needed to be registered with that facility anyway - they won't have appointments until April.

Okay, need a new plan there.

When we brought Gimli over, part of his paperwork was being registered with a animal hospital in case it was needed while he was in quarantine so I called them and they have appointments for tomorrow!

That's more like it!

After I get their shots and the new records I can take those records to the on base vet to register them with the on base vet for housing. I don't need an appointment to register them, they just need their information. So that will be Wednesday's job. Then somewhere in there I'll pay to have them registered with the county (which involves a trip to a city hall office, fun!) and THEN I can go back to housing and give them money too. Yeah, this will be an OH SO FUN week!

I predict a long, long week - particularly tomorrow when I get to take 3 kids and 2 dogs to the vet for shots. That should be exciting - especially as the appointment is near dinner time. I foresee stopping at McDonalds on the way back to make all our lives easier. Oh and I need to go back to the PX to get a leash that fits Bluto so I can actually take him to the vet without having to drag him around by the scruff of his neck. Oh and the last time he was in the car, he was a puppy and fit in a carrying crate...good times ahead for me!

So after the non-payment of pet deposit thing, we went to the PX because I needed packing tape. I try to avoid going to the PX because I always leave with may more than I went in for. I even called my neighbor and asked her if she had any tape - alas she did not have much so to the PX I went. That led me to the kids' clothes area of course to look at the Easter dresses...even though we never actually go anywhere for Easter but I like having a reason to dress them up and torture them with the camera. I immediately found something for Anya and something for Inara. Jadzia, however, is in an awkward size. She is growing out of the toddler sizes but lots of styles in the little girls sizes don't put much out in 5s and a lot of the 5/6s are just a little on the big side. But 4s are too small usually. It's a challenge. I found non-Easter stuff for her first - stuff that gave me mild flashbacks to my own child hood in the 80s and early 90s.

I left that store with leggings - leggings with lace at the bottom.

Why oh why?!

Do I need to buy her 17 colors of slouch socks she can mix and match now??

*shudders*

But I did find a charming dress that Jadzia loved. As she was trying on the jacket that comes with the dress, an older lady stopped to mention how beautiful she was and then chatting about having three girls. Which led to the inevitable question of if we were going to try for a boy now?

Uh, no. Did I say no? I mean NO, with a capital N and a capital O.

Don't get me wrong, I love my spawn and I love children. Once upon a time I actually wanted four of them. And every once in awhile, for a fraction of a second, I think about what it would be like to have a little baby boy in the mix. Then Inara throws something that hits Anya and knocks her over and Bluto charges over to "help" and knocks into Jadzia in the process and pandemonium ensues and the moment is over. Shattered. Nope, can't do it. Besides, as I've joked before - we'd manage to end up with fluke twin girls and have five girls.

Anya, true to form, finally decided that the nice old lady was, in fact, evil or something and started wailing which meant it was time to make our escape. We darted for the check out and headed back to the car. The whole point of going was to get the packing tape so I could tape up some books and mail them - so I sat in the car with the munchkins and taped up my books. Thankfully, Anya had calmed down not long after we were away from the would-be-evil nice old lady.

Anya has serious stranger/separation issues. Last night, our neighbors came over for a couple minutes and both attempted to hold Anya - she was perfectly happy in my lap and I was sitting right next to them but the moment she left my arms, she totally flipped out.

The line at the post office was long but Jadzia and Inara found two young boys to run around with - weaving in and out of people momentarily before I could stop them and get them rounded to an area with fewer people in. When I finally got to the window it was a new person so I actually had to give instructions for mailing this time, the others all know my routines.

Somehow we made it all the way home with Anya still calm and it was way past time for her to nap so I got her to sleep and put her down, where she slept for THREE hours! It was crazy but nice.

The rest of the day was uneventful really. Inara brought me her baby doll to change its diaper a few dozen times before I'd had enough. Jadzia kept insisting that her baby doll was pooping and peeing so she NEEDED a diaper change, which is why Inara thought her doll needed a change and so on and so forth.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

I read your blog everyday... even if the white text on black background imprints lines onto my corneas :)

Noodles said...

I read it too! and post comments quite often, so there Robby!

Anonymous said...

Neener neener!

Kisha said...

Adrienne, why don't you subscribe to it in google reader?

Anonymous said...

haha, baa to what adrienne said! and anyways, cami's blog is way cool so neerer!

Tiffany said...

I love reading your blogs. Your days seem as hectic as mine.

Adrienne said...

Kisha, because that would be just way too easy! :)