Sunday, March 29, 2009

Monkey Butt

Jadzia and I have a "playlist" of songs we will sing on any given day at any given time. Some she sings along and some she just "requests" from me. Tonight she asked me to sing "monkey butt" - or at least that's what it sounded like she was saying to me.

Huh!?

I start racking my brain trying to determine 1) where she would have heard the phrase "monkey butt" to begin with and 2) what song it could possibly refer too. After asking her to repeat herself and again being asked to sing "monkey butt", I'm frustrated at this point. Then I ask HER to sing some of it. I listen closely to fragments of the mysterious "monkey butt" song such as "little baby" and "diamond ring".

Have you figured it out yet?

Well I did!

Monkey Butt = Mocking Bird

From the song "Hush little baby...". I'm not entirely sure I make the connection between Monkey Butt and Mocking Bird but at least I figured it out for future reference.

No comments: