Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Packages!

I love getting packages in the mail. It's like Christmas - in March. Even when I know exactly what is inside - it is still makes me giddy to get packages in the mail. When we first moved to Hawaii, even Amazon didn't ship anything bigger than a postage stamp here (or so it seemed) so the packages were practically non-existent unless I wanted to pay through the nose for shipping. Since then, Amazon has started shipping most things to Hawaii - much to my satisfaction - they even offer the standard free shipping on orders over $25 on qualifying items. Now other online retailers - it can be hit or miss on 1) if they ship here at all and 2) how much it's gonna cost me.

Yesterday was package day here! Major package day in fact. I got three items shipped via UPS (which, by the way, I despise UPS), one box via FedEx and a couple of things via USPS. I knew everything was scheduled to arrive yesterday and given previous UPS dealings, I decided not to go anywhere just in case. So, naturally nothing was delivered until almost 5PM. When I had tracked the UPS packages that morning, only one showed as being on a truck for delivery and the other two actually appeared to have been bumped to the next day. I was bummed and was contemplating how I'd rearrange plans so I could be home for another day of just in case waiting. As chance would have it, when UPS arrived all three of my boxes were on the truck! I signed for everything and sent the man on his way, giddy to open up my new treasures. Just as I finished opening and rearranging what needed to be done, FedEx showed up with more goodies. This was a box of 15 books - yes 15! This was part of my booty from the Coinstar incident. I had to rearrange my To-Be-Read bookshelves (yes that is now plural) AGAIN to get everything on there and I still have more books coming! I have books to read from now to St Swithun's Day (more like St Swithun's Day 2011 at this rate!) And, of course, you know more books will be bought, traded, swapped between now and then to the pile will keep growing faster than my eyes can keep up! But what a thing to complain about right? Ah, sad - I have things to read. Note the sarcasm!

On a side note, Anya slept from about 10pm to 7am this morning! Yay!

No comments: