Saturday, March 7, 2009

Terms of Endearment

Around here, you might ofter hear me call my kiddos any of the following: spawn, munchkins, monsters, demons, monkeys, wee beasties, etc. You get the idea. Some people find these terms funny and endearing, they know I'm just joking around. They recognize that I have three kids, four years and under and realize that these kids might drive me a little more crazy on a daily basis.

But when I go out and refer to them as any of these things in public - I mostly get looks. Not all of them are bad looks; occasionally I get a sympathetic look from a knowing parent. Sometimes it's mostly a raised eyebrow - not so much a bad thing but a curious thing. Then there are the people that look on with blatant disapproval of my endearing term. Never mind that their little angel just pulled down a rack of clothes and is now halfway across the store on a quest to do who knows what while they look at me like I have three heads and just threw a kid into a wall or something. Okay, maybe they aren't ALL like that. Some of them only look at me like I have three heads.

In all honesty, I love my monsters. They drive me crazy at home and going out of the house with them is like a one way trip to the insane asylum but I still love them. I think I'm allowed to call them monsters and demons once in awhile. Or always.

No comments: