Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

But oh it's so delightful...

Well it's raining, again. It does that a lot lately. I'd say the island was going to float out into the Pacific but we're already there so it doesn't really work here. It's actually somewhat chilly out - chilly for Hawaii that is. I mean, it's Hawaii - there's only so cold it can get before it's some sign of the apocalypse. After we went to the post office to mail Robby his snack bar, I came home and opened up all the windows since the rain had stopped but the wind was blowing. I like to do this every few weeks to air out the house. It was a great day for it until it started to just be cold inside. Even after I shut all the windows, there was still a major chill in the house.

While I was cooking dinner, the girls were running around driving me batty so I sent them (Jadzia and Inara) out into the back yard to run around some. Aside from the dog barking at them at the window, it was a lot of fun and got them out from under my feet. Well when dinner was ready, they weren't ready to come in yet so I made sure their table and chairs outside were clean and let them eat outside. They got a kick out of it and actually sat still long enough to eat almost everything - I think because it was something totally new and different. Then they resumed running around. When I finally brought them in they were chilly little child-pops but they weren't as wild anymore so I figured it was a good experience.

Meanwhile Anya has some serious seperation anxiety issues going on right now. If I even leave the room at the wrong moment or am out of her sight, she totally freaks out on me. Have I mentioned that this kid is weird? Yeah she's so different from the other two I feel like I'm stumbling through each day sometimes with her.

No comments: