Saturday, January 24, 2009

Five Years Ago

Robby and I got married. It was a rainy morning in Texas leading up to the ceremony but anyone who knows anything about Texas weather knows that if you wait long enough, it will change. We had scheduled the wedding at the park in the gazebo and we got more than enough calls that morning asking if everything was on at the park. The rain lightened to a drizzle in the early afternoon so we were all safe under the cover of the gazebo. When the ceremony officially started, the clouds cleared, the rain stopped and the sun was shining through the clouds. It stayed perfectly clear until we were all safely away and indoors.

Robby and I are/were members of a Star Trek fan group who were are saber guard at the wedding. We're still distance members but not as involved obviously given that they're located in Austin, Texas and we're in Hawaii.

walking up with my dad

the vows

walking back away

Robby's stepmom, dad, Robby, the JP, me, my mom and my dad

No comments: