Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Modge Podge

Hey you, look to left! Down, down a little further, probably need to keep going....see the clocks? Yeah I added those today. There's a 13 hour time difference between Hawaii and Iraq. If you ignore the AM/PM part it doesn't seem like much difference at all. Oh and the pesky different DAYS sometimes. I thought they were cool and I don't always remember what time it is there so handy - for me at least.

On to more important - er interesting, well different topics! So remember how I told you about Jadzia napping and NOT peeing in her bed. This girl can sleep through anything so I was mightily impressed by that yesterday. She still wears a pull-up at night for that reason. Well this morning, about an hour or so before they normally wake up, she starts crying. I figure she's still sick and achy so I stumble my way toward their room and she cries out "I have to go potty!!" through her tears. Now they have bunk beds and Jadzia sleeps on top. We've impressed on her MANY times not to come down unless one of us is there just in case so I'm (or my sleep) is a victim of my own teaching. I watch her come down and off she goes to the bathroom. Of course Inara is awake and watching all this and I'm beginning to hear the stirs of Miss Anya in the other room and Bluto has picked up on the fact that we're awake and is whining downstairs. By the time Jadzia returns from the bathroom, the whole house is awake so there is no hope of returning to bed for even an extra 30 minutes of sleep. Shame really.

As much as I really wanted that extra sleep, this event could be a step in the right direction toward night-training Jadzia. She's been day-trained for a year and a half now and I've just been waiting for her to shows signs of waking up to potty instead of sleeping through it. I think this was my sign. I can only hope her bladder learns to sleep an extra hour though.

A few hours later, Anya was down for a nap and Jadzia and Inara were playing happily so I laid down on the couch to relax for a few (since I knew the moment I tried to relax too hard Anya would wake up or some such thing). First Inara came over carrying a Goldfish box -a box that is woefully empty. The almost two year old does not understand that there are no Goldfish in the box, nor are there any in the house. Tears and screams are produced in an effort to make Mommy magically produce Goldfish. I flunked magic class so obviously that doesn't work. Somehow, I convince her to take something else and I can return to relaxing. Then Bluto comes over. You see, the dog is intrigued by anything at his face level, which, when laying on the couch, is me. Yeah, doggy slobber is surely one way to interrupt a good veg. After shooing him away a couple times he seems to get the message and stays away. Back to relaxing - and that's when Anya wakes up, and the door bell rings. At the door, thankfully, is my neighbor bearing muffins which makes the kids happy and distracts the dog who follows them around hoping for a handout or a few dropped morsels. Have I mentioned how much I love her?

P.S. Jadzia and Inara seem to be mostly on the mend illness wise. Still mildly feverish and cranky but tolerable.

I finished my 7th book of the year today and am on to book 8!

No comments: