Friday, January 16, 2009

Mother Nature

In case you weren't aware - and I'm pretty sure you're not - the big bad wolf is huffing and puffing and trying to blow us all down here in Hawaii. All the schools and public offices were pretty much shut down for the day due to high winds and rain. I keep hearing noise from the doors like they're opening but it's just the wind hitting them hard. The wind pounding against the window last night woke me up a couple times - in case you haven't been keeping count - I didn't get much sleep last night.

I watched P.S. I Love You last night which was the Netflix movie we'd just gotten. When I went to drop it in the mail box it wasn't raining. As I started to walk back it started to drizzle a bit. By the time I was back to the house it was POURING and I was soaked through to the bone. At that time I didn't think much of it except that I was wet. When I went back to the mailbox to check the mail for the day, it was nice and dry. So I got my mail and felt the first drops hitting my head. Once again I got home feeling like a wet rag. This time, however, I'd dressed accordingly and worn a jacket to shield me from the wind and rain hitting me. Apparently Mother Nature didn't think I needed to go to the mailboxes today.

P.S. Those trees don't normally look so slanted. Just in case you were curious.

No comments: