Sunday, January 18, 2009

Point of No Return

I stayed up way too late reading last night. It was already 1am when I hit the point of no return. You know that point in a book where you have to finish, where every chapter leads you into the next by a cliffhanger and there isn't a conclusion until, well the conclusion of the book. Often it's the last 50-75 pages or so. With this book it was the last hundred. As I said, it was already 1am when I hit that point. It was almost 3am when I finally turned off the light and went to sleep. But I finished the book so that makes 8 for the year.

When I read Breaking Dawn the first time (and the second for that matter), I hit that point around 1am then too. I didn't go to bed until 3am then either. The funny part is that the second time, of course I already knew what happened and how the book ended but still, I hit that point and I just couldn't put the book down until I was done with it.

I burned dinner a smidge tonight because Robby called. They were leaving Kuwait for Iraq - I'm not sure when we'll get to talk to him next so I was glad he called. We got cut off mid conversation though but that's okay. Always good to hear his voice regardless.

No comments: